As many people know, the Coronavirus outbreak has reached Klamath County.
COVID-19 is new strain of the Coronavirus that has been infecting people worldwide. The disease is highly contagious, and there is a lot that we don't know about the virus. The symptoms of the Coronavirus are:
- Shortness of Breath
If you or your child have all of these symptoms, with any combination of other symptoms common with the flu, it's possible it's the Coronavirus. If you don't have any of the above symptoms, then you are safe to assume that you don't have the Coronavirus.
Because this strand of the Coronavirus is so new, no vaccine has been developed for it. However, there are plenty of ways to make sure your child doesn't get sick.
- Washing your hands
- Keep your children away from other sick children
- If you child is sick, please keep them home
- Sneeze and cough into a tissue, or at least into your arm or elbow. If you sneeze on your hands, wash them.
- Clean and disinfect your house regularly. Make sure to disinfect objects that are touched regularly, such as doorknobs.
- Avoid touching your face.
When to contact us?
If you believe your child has been exposed to the Coronavirus or is showing symptoms of the Coronavirus, (described above), call immediately. PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR CHILD INTO THE OFFICE IF YOU BELIEVE THEY HAVE THE CORONAVIRUS. This can put other children in danger. Instead please call the clinic and we'll help you plan what to do next. You should also continue to treat your child's symptoms as you would any other strain of flu.
What are we doing about it?
In light of the coronavirus outbreak we wanted to share what we are doing for our patients and clients. The safety of the children and families of the Klamath Basin is our primary concern. To support our community, our offices are open but we have implemented the following procedures:
- Our offices are cleaned and sanitized many times throughout the day, we are more diligent here then ever
- Hand sanitizer dispensers are available in all waiting areas, please consider taking advantage of them
- Our employees use proper handwashing techniques at all times, but have been reminded and reaffirmed
- Employees showing any signs of illness will be instructed not to report to work and will be excused
We will continue to monitor best practices and national guidelines as they are released. If you believe your child child may have the coronavirus, we as again, please call ahead. We do not want to put other children at risk. This is especially true in the case of any of the following:
- Experiencing the symptoms for the cold or flu
- Think your child may have been exposed to the coronavirus
- Your child, or a family member, has traveled outside the country in the last two weeks in an at risk area
If you are at risk, we may ask you to reschedule any appointment, point you towards more resources, or be able to either rule out the cronavirus entirely. We are committed to standing alongside the Klamath Community throughout the course of the coronavirus outbreak.
Please call if you have any questions 541-884-1224.